badge

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's time to say "thank you"

What started off as a traditional outfit for a Diwali lunch spiralled into a beautiful mesh of compliments, discussion about the gorgeous "mekhela chador" of Assam,  leaving me bloated and beautiful.

Amazing what a set of compliments can do.
Makes one feel special
Makes one belong
Makes one feel blessed
And loved
And wanted
And just so good

It takes so little to shower a little praise
A few good words
A sign of appreciation
A mail saying Well Done

Yet sometimes we forget
And miss what may have been a small chance to make someone feel good

On the eve of my birthday, as I turn one more year older and wiser, I thank everyone out there who has made me what I am today
For making me believe that in spite of the tide turning, there is always someone or something good round the corner. We just need to take that turn.

3 comments:

  1. yes, indeed - there's always a turn at the end of the street...... here's to looking ahead with hope. happy birthday, poppy. mamunba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done.....as you said...very few people are there to acknowledge complements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated birthday wishes to you. Keep smiling....

    ReplyDelete